jisaac

Cameras affecting upload?

Have you guys ever heard of this?

We put in a system for a location here in little rock. And the customer got a cable internet. The upload stream is 850k. Well I was having a problem with just a few cameras locking up and having real bad latency. So I talked to a service guy and he was saying that their upload stream is right at 5.mhz which is the same as the cameras. And that it was interfering with the upload.

?

Ah cable techs. Should we ever run out of manure they still able to provide us with ample amounts of fecal matter from their mouths. The camera signal sent out would be a stream of packets. They would be like any other stream of packets. Now it may be possible that the router, or modems are having an issue, but it wouldn't be the camera. The joy of TCP/IP is that it exists above the physical layer.

A packet is a packet, is a packet. What generates the packet has no effect on the physical movement of said packet.

I almost said to him "you know that is the biggest load of horse ****". But I thought to myself ,"ya know I dont know everything I might want to check just before I tell him he needs to take the short bus back to the cable company."

It is what I figured. That is the worst answer I have ever heard from a tech.

Well... your video signal MIGHT interfere with the internet stream... IF several hundred feet ot your internet cable and video cables were all wound up together in a REALLY BIG coil... you could get a little crosstalk there...

But I'd say it's more likely the "tech" doesn't have a clue.