INQUIRY ON DVR SET UP

HI, I AM BARRY. I INSTALLED A FLOUREON 8CH DVR SYSTEM AT MY HOME. I CONNECTED IT TO THE INTERNET . I CAN VIEW THE SYSTEM VIA MOBILE DEVICE ONLY AT HOME WITH THE SAME INTERNET. IF I USE DATA OR ANOTHER WIFI , I CANNOT ACCESS THE SYSTEM. COULD SOMEONE PLEASE ADVISE ME ? THANKS.....

Hi Barry,

Since your's is a home installation it is most likely you do not have a fixed IP address from your broadband supplier.

The DVR manufacturer may have their own Dynamic DNS service that you need to configure if not there are some freely available on the internet.

You will also need to open some ports on your router.

Reply if this does not make sense to you.

Good look...

Hi Barry,

Since your's is a home installation it is most likely you do not have a fixed IP address from your broadband supplier.

The DVR manufacturer may have their own Dynamic DNS service that you need to configure if not there are some freely available on the internet.

You will also need to open some ports on your router.

Reply if this does not make sense to you.

Good look...

THANKS... HOW DO YOU OPEN ROUTER PORTS ?

You need to know the ip address, username and password of your router. Sometimes written on the back of the device.

If not then to get ip address connect a laptop and from the cmd prompt type ipconfig

the entry next to "default gateway" is your routers ip. Should look something like 192.168.1.1

Type this into your internet browser address bar and that will take you to the routers introduction page.

try admin as username and also admin as password.

Good luck.