HipsterDoofus

When Neighbors Attack !

Too funny . . .

web video

My neighbor likes to drive golf balls around the neighborhood. But he apparently doesn't like to be video'd driving golf balls around the neighborhood. He isn't too bright. I'm putting a second camera out in the front yard just to yank his chain . . .

Hats off to the Piczel bullet cam . . . took a lickin' and kept tickin'

lol .. he was actually hitting it with the golf club?

Sure looked like he was!!! You can see the club pass the camera a little bit on the first hit.

Well, if that was me, and my situation. (and since I despise my neighbor anyways) I would have the guy arrested for tresspassing and distruction of private property. But thats just me.

Yep, he gave it two or three really good whacks with his golf club . . . Scratched up the baked enamel finish pretty good . . .

Played the video for the cops thinking it would be a slam-dunk. They called me a few days later and said they are not going to arrest him because there is a possibility I won't show up in court. Apparently they have found a loop-hole in the whole uphold-the-law thing.

Yah right, I am going to spend dineros muchos on a video surviellance system, then not follow up when it catches some dummy vandalizing my property.

So it is up to me to get a copy of their excellent report and file charges myself.

This is a heads-up for all y'all cammers . . . Just because you may catch someone on video doing something really stupid, it doesn't necessarily mean the cops are going do anything . . .

But, I am totally sold on having a decent video surveillance set-up for your residence. I wouldn't be without one.

Based on my experiences with local police and neighbors, I'd recommend a simple letter to him from YOU along with the video showing his actions and a copy of the police report. Ask for 100% reimbursement for the camera. Also have that letter explain the tresspassing law and destruction of personal property.

Then also request that he reply to you what he does not like about the camera's and what he recommends as a solution to the problem.

Allow him 7 days to contact you along with a short note that if he does not respond in kind that you will seek legal action against him. After that I'd hire a lwayer and let it happen that way.

ps...............it's always better to try to work it out before you go above his head. He may have had a bad day..............as we all do. And, the police seem to be too busy these days to do the right thing that keeps the courts free of bs............my run-ins with local police are ALL very much like they don't have time. Sad.......I've got simple tresspassing stories that would make you flip out............cops just say it needs to be handled in court.........see ya later....oh, wanna donate to our policeman's fund?

facts are if the cop had done his job this thing would be at a end already. But, the cops ignored thier responsibility and made the problem worse by sending a message to your neighbor that it's ok to smash others personal property and you are stuck with handling that attitude on your own. and they wonder why people shoot each other?

Oh, go file a report against that officer or police department as they clearly are ignorant of the law they are supposed to uphold.

Very wise words . . . I may accept your advice simply as a personal challenge.

There is something noble and honorable about offering utter human debris a certain level of respect. It isn't easy to do. In the long run it may prevent a very simple, stupid matter from becoming tragic.

Apparently he was trying to explain to the officer that he did not know there was a house across the street from him, so it is ok to hit golf balls in that general direction. So some stranger just comes along and posts a camera in an empty lot.

About a month ago a construction crew tore up my front yard and just drove off. The cam was very hurriedly posted in my front yard to keep an eye out for any further damage. You should hear my trespass & criminal damage stories . . .

All of the houses in the area sit well off the street behind a stand of trees so it isn't intruding upon anyone's personal space.

You are very correct, his recent behavior indicates the officer's lame response has emboldened him. If I had it to do over again I would ask for the officer's every assurance he was going to arrest the guy. If not, then I would ask him to just fill out a report and go away.

I think because he hit your camera which was on private property the police won't do anything. I had a neighbor hit my car with their door dozens of times leaving paint marks. I tried to have them charged with vandalism as my insurance company suggested. They would do nothing.

Edited by Guest

Based on my experiences with local police and neighbors, I'd recommend a simple letter to him from YOU

It is far more effective if sent from a lawyers office.

For a real punch, have the letter served to him.

I had a neighbors kid on a dirt bike tearing up my field.

Letters, cops, etc, none worked.

A letter from my lawyer served to them took care of it.