Sign in to follow this  
vek

annke 3mp hd exir camera

hi guys joined this forum for some help i have purchased a annke home cctv system it didnt look a bad buy but having a issue with the cameras at night during the day the cameras are really good but at night the images are poor i can stand about 15ft away and the image of my face is poor but yet the image of my car is good and the surrounding area looks good yet images of people look poor and why is it i wear a all black jacket yet the image my coat is showing like a very light grey and i saw a person walking by 1 night and it looked like a ghost please help as i am getting no were on the annke forum

Night time is a problem with many cameras, and has been a problem for a long time.

There's two ways to fix the problem.

1: Buy a new camera that is better at low-light situations (night)

2: Get more light.

Most outdoor CCTv camera have IR light embedded.

Plus for IR light is the light is invisible to humans, but allows the camera to see at night.

Extra IR light can be mounted as needed.

Minus for IR light, is you only get black/white image.

You can also mount visable light and choose between allways on or activated by motion, but if activated by motion, your camera might need time to adjust, in which time whoever triggered the motion might not be seen on camera during that time.

ok but why is it that i have a white car with black wheels which at night you can clearly see through the camera but my black jacket is showing that i am wearing a very light grey almost whitish with a black collar i dont understand and how come my car looks quite clear and so do the other cars nearby but people look quite poor

Hi,

This is my first ever post on CCTV Forum so go gently on me, but could it be that your camera shutter speed is very slow in low light, meaning still images like parked cards come out reasonably sharp, but that moving objects like people come out blurred? I'd expect closer objects to be lighter due to the camera's infra red, also if the camera has night vision, would warm bodies seem brighter due to giving off more heat/infra red. Happy to be corrected, I'm on here to learn rather than give advice, so anyone feel free to correct me.