Sign in to follow this  
doo600

Need a compatible coax DVR with good PC based software

So my speco DVR is old and needs to be replaced because speco sucks and it only works with an old Internet explorer. I have 8 coax speco cameras operating round the clock giving me about a month of recording. The coax has a power and ground wire built in that goes into a power box near the DVR operating at 12 volts if that matters. My cameras are speco Intensifier 3 bullet cameras wired into my DVR accessed by my PC mainly but also go through three tv tuners or whatever they are called to be viewable on three TV's. I'm looking to change the whole system but need to start with a good DVR. My quality is fairly low so I'm looking for higher quality but not expensive high end. I think my budget for the whole project I would like to be between two and three thousand and use the same coax cable. My house is incredibly hard to run cable so we don't want to go through that again.

We just installed a DVR at work (Hikvision) but the PC software is glitchy. I'm looking for something solid that will last awhile. Any ideas?