madafakapc

IP or analogue camera ? Analogue to PC and to net..how?

well lets see if u can help me on my project:

i am planning to make a cctv system in my house with lots of cable running through the house...now my questions are:

Planning to watch on TVs in my house, i have a few distributed....i also would like to use my PC to see the cameras....

Now, here i go:

1) use IP camera or analogue camera???? Quality matters when it comes to transmit IP over my TVs....i have only a graphic card with s-video output but i guess this isnt very good when i need to run lots of cable till i reach each tv....

thanks a lot!

2) using analogue seems to me higher quality by same or less price....but how would i connect more then 1 camera to the PC to watch those images in real time....and i would like to see online also....i have to convert analogue video to IP ??? How can i ???

Can you help me....

For me: IP cameras are too expensive and i need more then one...also i guess CAT5 cable its more useful for me than coax...but coax its also all over my house....the problem for me is the analogue to PC conversion...will i have to buy more than one capture card....and how can i broadcast over net....