jbak

best covert cam?

What is the best covert cam that you can buy? Not price-wise but picture quality.

With Covert Cosmetics comes first unfortunately, and the most cosmectic arent always the best price ..

Anyway, if you are interested in high res and cosmetics GE has a smoke detector camera with up to 4 internal high resolution cameras. They have the best motion ive seen yet, cosmectic wise and also fully functional Sentrol Guts, but the image quality isnt that great .. its still good, just not "great" ..

Otherwise there are thousands of OEMs out there with low to high res motions, smokes, and clock single cameras.

GE has a smoke detector camera with up to 4 internal high resolution cameras. .

I dont know about the cams being high resolution because the only way 4 cams fit into the covert GE smoke dector is if you use their low res cams that are about 1.25 inches deep. If you use the good high res cams that come with the upgrade kit,[sD-1500] the size is more like twice as deep with the lense. Because of that you will only be able to fit 2 cams into the smoke dector housing. Your supposed to be able to fit 4 sideways and 1 down for a 360 degree view, but no way with any decent cams. The housing at its smallest diameter is only 3.5 inches. I quess nobody really cared whether it worked well or not.

GE has a smoke detector camera with up to 4 internal high resolution cameras. .

I dont know about the cams being high resolution because the only way 4 cams fit into the covert GE smoke dector is if you use their low res cams that are about 1.25 inches deep. If you use the good high res cams that come with the upgrade kit,[sD-1500] the size is more like twice as deep with the lense. Because of that you will only be able to fit 2 cams into the smoke dector housing. Your supposed to be able to fit 4 sideways and 1 down for a 360 degree view, but no way with any decent cams. The housing at its smallest diameter is only 3.5 inches. I quess nobody really cared whether it worked well or not.

I used it with one high res camera and there seemed to be enough room to add another 3.. sideway cameras anyway .. besides i think you can just buy it with the 3 or 4 sideway cameras one time and then dont have to worry about that .. (edit: maybe not, dont really know 100%)

Its not a big seller though in fact id only look at it if someone actually asked for a high res smoke camera, cause they are just so expensive .. may get into making our own ... they are very large smokes actually (Compared to the ones we normally use for alarms) so the housing itself is not bad .. i dont particularly like the grill though ..

anyway the motions are sweet ..