baydre

ptz help Please

I'm new to cctv, I've done mostly a/v work......I have 5 ptz camera'a (mace outdoor)and one arm electronics ptz controller....

When I tested the units at home it work fine....Once i tested in the field the camera keeping resetting itself(when i use the joystick on the ptz)

the longest run is about 1250 feet...

belden 18-2 for the power

cat5e for the picture and 485

set at pelco d 2400 on the camera and keyboard......

Any thoughts?

Maybe the cat5e got damaged during the pull?

the wire awg should be plenty to carry the 24 volts?

How long can I go with the cat5e transmission?

Should I change it to pelco p 9600? what would that do?

Open to all suggestions

are they terminated properly?

1250 ft. is a long shot.........can't remember the specs on the RS converter but you may need to use powered RS converter?

CAT5 can be be checked with a simple CAT5 cable checker, or a ohm meter.

12vac will still have a voltage drop........check the specs of the cable against the voltage drop charts to be sure. use a meter to check results

CAT5 transmission....passive is not amplified and active is amplified. which one do you have?

Protocol should be ok at D/2400.

recommend "rebuilding" your chain of PTZ control. Start with the closest and get that working first..........then ecpand it to the next.

and what do you mean by reset? most PTZ's require a minium AMPERAGE to work properly. I'd check your power supply to see if it has the "umph" to handle all those PTZ's....................I'm assuming that it does not and therefore the power is not stable....causing the resets.