parapilotj

Basic 3 - 4 cam PC system, Advice required

Hello all,

I have been asked to install a basic camera system for a local youth club. We are in the UK and have a bugit of about £1000. We want 2 cameras outside and 1 inside. During the night its quite dark, and we wish to use IR to let the cameras see.

We want to put the cameras into a PC via DVR card, and also to have the option to view the cameras remotely incase the alarm sounds etc (auto dialer alarm)

I have been looking at DVR cards and am getting lost as there are so many about. Geo vision look like the better cards but which one for this type of application, they vary in price from £80 to well over £1000. Whats the big difference, just the amount of cameras they support? is 25FPS enough?

Also would it be better to get a separate hard drive in the PC to record the images?

Any advice would be really appreciated as we are a bit stuck.

Cheers

Jamie

25fps is more than enough (it will be real time, so it doesn't get better than that). A GV800-4 is what you are looking for if you plan to have 4 cameras.

Yea with the gv-250 card you'll actually only have 5fps on each camera. which isn't what you want in a business environment. but the software that comes with geovision can be setup to where it will call your cell phone if motion is detected. We only use the geovision DVR's and we love them.

Actually 5fps is fine and was a standard for many years, and that was 5fps total ...

I have gone for the Geovision 650 card. Though it was about mid level and would do us. The 800 was to expensive.

Thanks for your help, just got to set it all up now any tips?