mariner

Best nightvision camera request

Could someone recommend an outdoor camera that has extremely clear nightvision capabilities and clear motion recording.

Prefer color for daytime but not required.

I need two types of cameras, one to see up to 100' and the other 200' with IR range accordingly. IR can be internal or external, if external could you please recommend those also.

I was hoping to keep the price under $800.00 for each including the IR.

The DVR card I am currenly using is Geovision 1480. This is for a residence but prefer comercial quality and reliability.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

UNFORTUNATELY THIS IS A DOUBLE EDGED SWORD I SELL A LOT OF THE TATUNG IR VARIFOCAL DOMES AND THE CLARITY IS REAL GOOD

A LOT OF COMPANYS MAKE ONE LIKE IT BUT I HAPPEN TO THINK THEIRS IS ONE OF THE BEST THE IR RANGE IS ONLY ABOUT 30'

THE PROBLEM WITH IR CAMERAS IS THAT IR IS STILL A CHEAPO SOLUTION

YOU DONT SEE SONY PANASONIC OR PELCO MAKE IR CAMERAS BECAUSE IT IS NOT A PROFESSIONAL SOLUTION

YOUR BEST BET IS TO GET THE HOMEOWNER TO INVEST IN SOME OUTDOOR LIGHTING AND GET A DAY NIGHT OUTDOOR DOME FROM ONE OF THE HIGHER END COMPANIES SEE GE DR-1800-VFA3 OR SONY SSCCD73V THEY BOTH ARE COLOR BY DAY AND GO B/W AT NIGHT WITHOUT ANY IR COMPENSATION BUT HAVE PRETTY GOOD PICTURE WITHOUT ANY MAJOR LIGHTING.

THEY DO HOWEVER NEED A MINIMAL AMOUNT OF LIGHT OTHERWISE IT WILL BE COMPLETELY BLACK AT NIGHT

TO GO BACK TO YOUR ORIGINAL QUESTION TO FIND AN IR THAT GOES 100-200 FEET IS VERY DIFFICULT YOU WILL FIND SOME COMPANYS ADVERTISING CERTAIN MODELS UPTO XXX THEY ARE USUALLY STRAIGHT OUT LYING OR STRETCHING THE TRUTH. THE ONLY WAY TO GET THAT KIND OF RANGE FROM AN IR CAMERA OR JUST PLAIN EMITTER IS TO GET SOMETHING SO BIG THE HOMEOWNER WILL NEVER GO FOR IT BECAUSE OF HOW UGLY IT WILL LOOK

WHICH TAKES ME BACK TO GET A NICE DAY NIGHT DOME AND HAVE THE CUSTOMER GET SOME LIGHTING PUT IN AT LEAST THEY CAN MAKE IT ATTRACTIVE AND CHOOSE TO THEIR TASTE AND NOT HAVE A CAMERA THAT LOOKS LIKE A TELESCOPE HANGING FROM THEIR HOUSE