dagwod

Budget vandalproof camera

I am new to cctv and will need a setup with 8 cameras that will be outdoors - needed to be vandalproof and night capable in darkness. I have a limited budget around 1500 for cameras. I have a generic dvrcard in mind from the same providers. Can anyone input on this camera for my purposes

Sony CCD Varifocal Infrared IR Dome Vandal-proof Camera

1/3" Color Sony CCD

3.5mm~8mm Varifocal Lens

19 LED's

420 TV Lines

~$140 per camera

Since they are very reasonably priced, i was wondering if the picture might be sacrificed. Does anyone have any experience with similar cameras?

I found the cameras on

edigitaldeals,com

Thank you very much

DJ

THE ISSUE AND FOCUS SHOULD NOT BE THAT MUCH ON PRICE EVEN WITH YOUR BUDGET ISSUE. THE PROBLEM IS IF AND WHEN YOU START HAVING ISSUES WITH THESE CAMERAS IF THIS WEBSITE IS GOING TO HONOR THEIR WARRANTEE (IF THEY OFFER ANY)

I HAVE BOUGHT AND SOLD MANY CHEAP CAMERAS AND SOME OF THEM ARE GREAT BUT NO MATTER HOW GOOD. SOME OF THEM WILL COME DEFECTIVE OR GO DEAD FOR NO REASON A SHORT TIME LATER.

THE ISSUE IS ALWAYS WHETHER THEY WILL HONOR THEIR WARRANTY I AM A RESELLER AND CAN EASILY SAY BUY LESS CAMERAS FROM A REPUTABLE FIRM AND SPEND A LITTLE MORE YOU WILL END UP WITH LESS HEADACHE IN THE LONG RUN

Somebody offers the camera that you mentioned, and they will have the same style/spec model in 480TVL within the next couple weeks. If you don't require the glass piece to be vandal-proof, you can achieve resolutions of up to 520TVL while maintaining a price tag of under $200, AND having an outside-adjustable 4-9mm varifocal lens.

-Edited CR- This was too many refferals for you not to be related.