Sign in to follow this  
ultimatesecurity

Do you think I am paranoid?

Ok, in my small 1500sq ft home I have installed 4 ccd cameras and just recently a sensormatic PTZ speeddome V (it was just sitting around). I can monitor my entire house and more from downstairs and upstairs.

The recent addition of the PTZ camera was because I am in charge of a large neighborhood watch program that involves over 120 homes. I live right in the middle of a huge subdivision with a wetland in front. With the PTZ I can see the entire street from left to right with nothing in front. I made sure the local police and association knew about the camera.

Since I gave the local police an idea, they now want me to give them a bid involving several PTZ cameras mounted on light poles in the city.

Does anyone else have cctv installed in there own home?

oh....since the PTZ was a pulled from service item, I didn't want to waste a new controller (sensormatic touchtracker adtte16) so I used a DOS version dome controller on my pc with a rs-232 to rs-422 converter. Does anyone else know of a free software that I can obtain for this camera?

This isn't an answer you are looking for, but what type of connectivity solution will you use? Wireless, commercial broadband, fiber, etc?

This isn't an answer you are looking for, but what type of connectivity solution will you use? Wireless, commercial broadband, fiber, etc?

Wireless was my first route, however since they may want multiple cameras, I ruled that out. After talking to the city and with my installer, fiber optic was the best solution as it was readily available in the areas as stated by the city. However I will need to see it for myself. Commercial broadband was another choice and still may be considered since many other municiples are using IP cameras mounting in domes. Until we have a formal site meeting, can't really tell for sure and of course $$$ can make all the difference.

If there is already a fiber backbone, then you are very fortunate. Not very many municipalities are willing to make the investment yet.