Hi,

I have a few questions on the NV3000 Avermedia card. Sorry to ask so many questions.

I have been looking at the Geovision range but have decided not to get one as I prefer the Avermedia software. I have not tried it, but I can get a good idea by looking at the relevant user manuals.

*Q1*

I am currently using an 'Anykeeper' DVR card (Koditec software), but want to upgrade it. My PC is 1.8ghz. I am interested in purchasing 4x NV3000 DVR cards(16 cameras). I realise that the spec suggests a 2.4ghz, but IN YOUR EXPERIENCE do you think 1.8ghz will work?(even if it's working hard). I thought maybe the NV3000 would work with a lower CPU than the NV5000.

*Q2*

Does the NV3000 have any inputs/outputs (relay outputs & eg, PIR inputs). In the user manual, it does not show the NV3000 card as having any.

*Q3*

What software are you using?

I don't know what versions they are but I'll describe them as:

The Blue/yellow/grey GUI? (looks like the flagship software)

The grey GUI? (not as 'good looking' or as colourful as the above!)

or the EYES PRO software?

*Q4*

Does the remote playback utility have a 'timeline/disk map' (sorry to ask about this again!). I think it does but I am not sure.

Looking at the user manual, under the playback controls (play,rew,etc) is a clock: 00-01-02-etc-21-22-23. Just below this is a blue/red bar. Does the blue bar show VMD recording?

All my cameras are on VMD. My current DVR has this feature! It's so easy to look at this 24hour clock grid and see all the time periods that have been recorded.

Thank you very much for your time and hope to receive a reply soon.

Matt Ward

As a general rule of thumb you always want to be over min specs for CPU power for any card. Being under can create alot of problems.