DerryK

Search trouble with TruVision Navigator 8

I recently purchased an Interlogix TruVision TVR-15HD DVR. I am using TruVision Navigator 8 as the client software. Is anyone else using this?

In my application, I use the wired alarm inputs, which trigger a higher quality of recording on specified cameras and insert an alert in the log. The most important feature to me is to be able to search the log for alarms over a given period of time, click on one, and have the video from that camera start playing at that point in time.

Navigator has that feature, but it works unreliably. It's invoked by right-clicking on the DVR device on the left panel and selecting "Search", and then specifying some parameters. It finds the alarms okay, and when clicked the video from that camera starts playing. But it starts playing at the correct place only about half the time. Otherwise, it picks a random time, usually but not always in the same day. Occasionally the random time is an exact number of hours away from the correct time, but this could be coincidence.

It also starts at the wrong place, sometimes, when clicking in the timeline or entering a date and time manually.

Anybody?

If it makes any difference:
* I have twelve analog cameras on a sixteen-channel unit.
* I've set up the unit to increase frame rate and image quality for the fifteen seconds before and sixty seconds after the time of the alarm.
* I cannot see any pattern to when it works and doesn't.

Thanks. -- Derry

(If you're interested, I purchased this unit because it has a feature helpful for me in integrating it into my other home systems: It supports using the IR remote control to select the contents of the main monitor and the spot monitor individually. No other units seemed to have this.)