Sign in to follow this  
Thomas Thurner

GeoVision GV-EBX-2100 - No Power via PoE-Switch

Hi, I have a GeoVision GV-EBX-2100 IP-Camera that I tried to plug into a regular PoE-Switch. My main problem is, that the IP-Camera doesn't get power from the PoE-Switch after I plug it in. I already tried a lot of things such as using different PoE-Switches (Extreme Networks, Cisco, Aruba) and different Ethernet-Cables (Cat.5 to Cat.7).

The only Switch the IP-Camera worked on, is an old Avaya 4548GT-PWR. The weird thing is that, when I try another Avaya 4548GT-PWR (same Software) I have the same problem as mentioned.

So my main question is, has anyone experienced similar problems, or has anyone a clue what kind of problem it is?

On 5/28/2019 at 12:22 AM, Thomas Thurner said:

Hi, I have a GeoVision GV-EBX-2100 IP-Camera that I tried to plug into a regular PoE-Switch. My main problem is, that the IP-Camera doesn't get power from the PoE-Switch after I plug it in. I already tried a lot of things such as using different PoE-Switches (Extreme Networks, Cisco, Aruba) and different Ethernet-Cables (Cat.5 to Cat.7).

The only Switch the IP-Camera worked on, is an old Avaya 4548GT-PWR. The weird thing is that, when I try another Avaya 4548GT-PWR (same Software) I have the same problem as mentioned.

So my main question is, has anyone experienced similar problems, or has anyone a clue what kind of problem it is?

https://192-168-1-254ip.com/192-168-8-1/

Have you got the solution?

On 6/1/2019 at 6:22 PM, areebstacey said:

Have you got the solution?

It seems that the Camera is working on Switches with the "PoE Module FW 4.0.0.1", but I couldn't figure out the exact problem with the newer versions of the "PoE Module FW".