wishmegood

Which coaxial cable is recommended for CCTV system?

Hi, would someone please recommend me which one of RG59 coaxial cable that is more economical, and yet the quality is good enough for normal short to middle range of running? Meanwhile which one of RG6 is recommended to use for these conditions? As I have had one that is few % braid with aluminium and its core is made of aluminium too, but performance is not satisfied.

Anyone recommends to use Eurostar RG59 from Taiwan, or Commscope RG59 from USA?

Thanks for guiding.

CCTV uses copper, not aluminum. Copper core, with 95% copper braided shield.

Thanks for output. It seems Belden 9104 RG59 suit with this spec, besides Belden, I meant do you have other brands that you might recommend? As the price for Belden is expensive...

Thanks again.

You should be using a cable with a 95% copperbraid and a solid copper core conductor. If your using an aluminum braid with copper clad steel conductor that cable is for Cable TV not CCTV. The diffrence is Cable TV uses RF, CCTV is an eletrical composite signal of 1.1 volts point to point. I recommend Belden or West Penn.

Commscope is copper cover metal, it is for CATV not CCTV. you will easily get interference. not to use such cable even though it is cheap, in the end result you spend more on recovery. If you are looking cheap full copper cable, try for MK-4 or some other.

In theory if the CATV coaxial cable is cover with at least 23% of copper then you can use it for CCTV, anyway it is not recommended.

Thanks Kelvin.

Is MK-4 a brand for the cable? It is originated from which country? Do you know where is the website for this cable?

Thanks again for guidings.

Commscope is copper cover metal, it is for CATV not CCTV. you will easily get interference. not to use such cable even though it is cheap, in the end result you spend more on recovery. If you are looking cheap full copper cable, try for MK-4 or some other.

In theory if the CATV coaxial cable is cover with at least 23% of copper then you can use it for CCTV, anyway it is not recommended.

And keep in mind the price of copper is going up and going up and going up. It's going to end up being somewhat expensive and really is the last part you should count pennys on. Ripping wire out and rewiring sucks.

Thomas, thanks for the suggestion.

Kelvin, thanks for the valueble info.

Now here comes with another problem, why the price for RG59 with spec of 0.81mm CCS (80% braid coverage) is more expensive than RG59 with spec of 0.81mm Bare Copper (80% braid coverage)?

Thanks again for guiding.

Well, could someone please tell me what is bare copper conductor? Is it a pure solid copper conductor? And how thick is copper covered on steel conductor for CCS normally?

Thank you again, I am in a big doubt on these conductors.