mario

Analog HD solution to tie into Dauha 128Ch NVR

I need to understand the ease or difficulty and cost of utilizing either:
- a multichannel analog to IP encoder
OR
- getting TVI/CVI/AHD/etc. DVR that can output EACH channel as IP stream in full 2-6MP, that I can then feed into the Dahua NVR DHI-NVR6A08-128-4KS2.

Background:

I had over 40 cameras in my own project that were all wired with both siamese and Cat5e over 15 years ago.

At that time analog was installed in all locations utilizing siamese cable. Cat5e was run for possible CTRL/PTZ, etc) and left dark.

Few months ago, with dying analog cameras and DVR, I made a decision to switch to IP.

I bought 128Ch Dahua NVR DHI-NVR6A08-128-4KS2 and started slowly replacing analog for IP using the Cat5e. 

I ran into one location that only had siamese -- huh?
I guess one of my guys forgot to run it.
"No problem"; I though.
I purchased $125 IP/PoE over coax solution which will let me install the IP camera using only coax. That installation completed sometime next week. 

Today I found another location that apparently only have siamese. That's no bueno. I can't be spending as much on the convertor as I do on the camera.

I'm now wondering how many other locations I have that do NOT have Cat5 wires in the wall?

I'm thinking that if I can get 8 or 16 channel analogHD DVR -- no harddrive needed, I can get me some quality cameras and encode them (thru DVR) to output IP stream into the IP NVR

That way I have a single source to display on TVs, monitors and automation controller. 

P.S. Yes, I did look at hybrid solutions, but none of them offered enough channels AND ability to do 12MP feeds.