Esso Oil

Can I use RTSP to view channel zero on Hikvision?

Hi, thanks for reading this.

I have a Hikvision NVR Model DS-7608NI-E2 / 8P/A. 4 cams (2 x Hikvision, 2 x China pin hole).

Everything works fine. I have configured channel zero encoding on my NVR. I can see the channel zero using the iVMS4500 app on my android phone.

I've found a great way to view my cameras on my Amazon Alexa using www.monoclecam.com. This uses RTSP feeds which all work fine (even the Chineese cams after some faffing around).

e.g. to view a Hikvision camera I use:-
rtsp:/192.168.1.101:554/Streaming/Channels/101/
This is the standard Hikvision method which works fine. The 101 is viewing the first channel of substream one.

QUESTION
How can I view channel zero on my DS-7608N using RTSP?

I know that channel zero isnt an actual camera, so it doesnt have an actual IP address. In the Network settings screen of my NVR the IP address of my actual NVR is .57 (this is what I use to connect to the actual NVR from my PC).  The Network settings screen of my NVR shows the "internal" NIC IPV4 address is .105.

I have scoured the internet and have come across various pages that tell you how to view channel zero using RTSP but nothing I have tried works. One forum someone was trying to change the number of cams their channel zero showed via RTSP. They said they could view their channel zero using RTSP, but they didnt say if they were using a Hikvision NVR.

Another site said:-
"Suppose IP address of NVR was: 172.9.12.39, the RTSP port is 554, to get a stream of Zero channel, the RTSP URL would be rtsp:/172.9.12.39:554/Streaming/channels/001"
The 001 was channel 0 stream 01. I assume the .39 in the address above would be the IP of the actual NVR? Again, I've tried this but still cant view channel zero via RTSP.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Many thanks for your time.

I know it's a late reply but this post was the number 1 google result for something else I was looking up so thought id give an answer that should work. 

try:
rtsp://user:password@nvrIpAddress/Streaming/channels/001/?transportmode=unicast

This should work as a basic python3.x script to view it :
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

import cv2
import numpy as np

cap = cv2.VideoCapture('rtsp://user:password@nvrIpAddress/Streaming/channels/001/?transportmode=unicast')

while(True):
    ret, frame = cap.read()

cv2.imshow('frame',frame)
    if cv2.waitKey(1) & 0xFF == ord('q'):
        break
 cap.release()
 cv2.destroyAllWindows()