paulmilsom

newby help!! port forwarding with virgin media / bosch divar

i have a bosch divar 3000, itw working fine, moble viewer works fine when on wifi, but i carnt for the life of me get it to work on 4g, whatever i try with port forarding it just gives me the error of "login timout"

any help would be greatly recieved its driving me up the wall

Paul - The first assumption is that Bosch has setup their own DDNS (dynamic DNS) server inside the DVR/NVR to discover and send out your home/building dynamic IP address from your service provider.  If not, you will not be able to access your DVR/NVR from a mobile 4G/5G device.  Hopefully, you are familiar with that concept.   And, if that is all complete, then the other suspect would simply be a firmware issue with the DVR/NVR.  On the Bosch support site, they note an issue with their mobile app's connectivity, to the 3000.  Here is that link >  https://community.boschsecurity.com/t5/Security-Video/DIVAR-Mobile-Viewer-v3-1-0-app-fails-to-connect-to-DIVAR-AN/ta-p/11116 .  Just be sure to do backups of all your settings prior to upgrading firmware; sometimes it is also worth writing them down, as some backups will not restore once the firmware has been upgraded (compatibility issues).  Hopefully, Bosch is better than that.   Also, Bosch notes there could be additional problems if the mobile app is trying to view too many cameras as the app starts.  Here is their statement:

"For the DIVAR AN 3000/5000 we just learned that the DIVAR Mobile Viewer app v3.1.1. can consume more than one session per device. This typically happens when in the Live Preview the "Device List" (top right icon) is used to open all cameras simultaneously. This seems only to happen as a first action when you open the app. This can result is a failing connection showing the message “System is busy”.  For the moment please apply these workarounds avoiding this connection problem:
 - Change the number of remote sessions allowed (default=4) in the DIVAR AN 3000/5000 configuration to 64 (Menu, Settings, Network, Max. connection)
OR
 - Avoid the use of "Start Live Preview (16)" in "Device List" as an first action. By viewing one camera only as first action showed that new session consumption was prevented.

Just to add for others whom may stumble across this post.

4G/5G Mobile/Cellular operators use one of three methods to provide you with an Public IP address. 

1. Static IP on your router (you can set up port forwards with this type)

2. Dynamic Public IP on your router (you need dynamic DNS or some other method to know the current IP, but port forwards can be gotten to work)

3. Carrier NAT (CGNAT) your public IP sits in the carriers core network, you can't use port forwards. I have uploaded an image below to illustrate this. For these you need VPNs etc. (Sorry Blatant sales pitch: check out Netcelero.com)

Also at time of posting STARLINK is CGNAT.

carrier-nat.jpg