Sign in to follow this  
voyager

Swann IP - NVR 4k system addon cameras

I purchased a Swann SWNVK-1685808, a 4k, NVR, 16 channel, 8 camera system a while ago.
It was equipped with 885MSB cameras.
I intended to add two spotlighted cameras at a later date.

In preparing to purchase the lighted cameras, I find they've been replaces by a new camera model, 887MSFB.
With a new model number, there have to be differences between them.
Swann has made it very hard to find what the differences are.
The old model cameras now appear to be out of stock almost everywhere in N .A.
The new model cameras are just as expensive as the old through Swann, but can be gotten much cheaper elsewhere.

Complaints about them state that they are missing some Video Analytics capabilities.
A cursory search indicates that all Line Crossing type abilities are missing in the new cameras; Line Crossing, Perimeter Intrusion, Static Object changes and Counter Crossing Detection.

The differences were so hard to find.
It's likely that there are more missing that I didn't locate.
Their responses to the complaints were little more than feel-good misdirections giving no explanations of the differences.
The situations look to be the same for the similar non spotlighted cameras also:  885MSB and 887MSB.
The missing abilities should still be in my non spotlighted cameras as they are the 885MSB models.

It just burns me to no end that Swann seems to be purposely hiding the differences, and that I cannot match to my older non lighted cameras, even though I may not really need what's missing in the two new addons.