Joeyk201

Pinhole camera issue used for doorbell

Hello All,

Very new to this forum. I hope someone can help me.

I do AV integration. I needed to replace a camera that was in a door bell. Takeover job. Bought the same model camera. This is it here: https://www.camtechsurveillance.com/hda-mi2m80-3-7.html 

Hope it would be plug and play but its not. I got a black and white image at first, then a color but it was too dim an image. Wasn't sure why the image was changing then realized there is a small joy stick control on the wiring. This now all made sense. I was apparently changing settings unknowingly.

So now I get no image. I connected to both the composite and green component input on a tv to test it . Got nothing. Then on the component a image poped up. Then I understood pressing the joy stick down pops up a menu. 

Now it all gets bad. I was adjusting setting and somehow I lost the image again and can't get it back. 

The only direction is attached to this blog.

I tried moving the joystick to the different setting and holding for 6 seconds but it does nothing.

this is a piece of junk. Anyone know a trick to reset it?  The factory default doesn't work.

Maybe I am missing something. HELP! 

Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 7.05.29 PM.png