Sign in to follow this  
Larbo

DVR- Is it dead??

Hi, I manage a bldg with a small, 4 camera security system. It was put together by a now defunct contractor 8 years years ago. My phone app recently lost connectivity with the system. I found that the (no name) DVR was emitting a constant and loud alarm that could only be quelled by turning it off. The little lights around jacks in the back were on but there was no apparent video output to the monitor.  I read that it was probably a dead HDD so I replaced that and nothing changed. Of course, with no video, I could not format the HDD or see if there are any error or fault messages.  As you know, there is not much to these things. A PC board and an HDD.  I tried to figure out what brand it was but found nothing. The blue PC boards says "NHMBH v2.1" on it (nothing on Google) and some common spec numbers referring to the SATA interface section (acc to Google).

Is this DVR now just a paperweight that I should just give up on or are there anymore repair options left?   Thanks and Happy New Year!!

Lar

IMG_4356.jpg

IMG_4359.jpg