kelvin

issue on remote viewing

I got problem on pc doing remote view. here is the situation.

Server site is using a PC based dvr. The remote viewing will be on for 24hrs everyday. When continue remote viewing for about 1 - 2 days, then the remote viewing will be disconnect. Once disconnect you are not able to reconnect for remote view until the server site restart the pc. Once server site pc restart then im able to do remote view again.

What actually cause this problem? is it because of the RAM or bandwidth on server site get into bottle neck or any other reason??

All comments are welcome.... thanks

It depends on who's it is. It may be programed for a disconnect or it may be a memory leak, or just a straight up bug.

Not enough info to diagnose.

Are you using a static IP or dynamic, are you using a DNS service, is there a router attached, is the server locking up or just off line, what IP ports are used for connect, and who is the mfr of the dvr?

It could also be getting corrupted from the client software or IE interface.

update your router.....................check the settings in the router for time allowed per connection.

PC side......check the event viewer for any indications of software conflicts.

actually this is not my system and i have check out....

Misternetwork

I will check whether they are connect direct from server or just through router. As what i know they are using a dynamic IP. further details need to confirm when im on site

VST_man

thanks.... will check the seting for the router

Thomas

thank for you info, got to one by one checking

Thank you everyone information, i will go my customer site again within this few day. then will let you know