paranoid

GE Kalatel dvr problem - urgent help needed please

Hi all,

Its been a long time since posting on these forums and im back with the usall 'eeek, help me please' type thread

I have a baxall dtl 940 dvr which is almost identical to the early GE Kalatel single channel dvr's (same mobo) and I have upgraded it as far as it can go. It started out as a 40gb basic dvr and is now a 400 gb dvr with ethernet / audio / cd rw / dvd rw / dvd ram / scsi.

Everything is fine except 1 huge problem - when I got rid of the old disk I didnt realise that it contained the 'quickwave' files that are needed to create a self playing security cd !

When I now insert blank media to archive it says "no quickwave files on disk", obviously because it cannot find the files on the new hard disks. I have spoken to baxall and they said i would need to send it back for them to reinstall the files but surely there must be another way because this means that everytime I renew the hard disk i will need to send it back ??

I have wavereader on cd rom and have even tried extracting the quickwave files and putting them directly on the dvr's hard disks then reinstalling the disks back in the dvr, but the dvr simply formats the disks and wipes it off !

I have a feeling this has to be done through the rs-232 port on the back of the dvr, which is beyond my technical capabilities. Unless one of you guys knows another way ?

Cheers

well you could try the Triplex uploader, and some other admin stuff .. later this morning when i wake up (7am just going to sleep!) ill check what i have and let you know .,.