evtr

Need help with my dvr card

Hi,

I found cctv forum via google.

I searched, read threads over here but i couldn't solve my problem.

We decided to build pc based dvr - video surveillance system.

I bought a noname card. Which has 4 camera support.

I decided to buy a software but none of the existing softwares are working with my card. I tried to install btwdmdrvinstaller5.3.8 driver but the resulting "conexant video capture" component has a yellow mark in the hardware tree ...

Also amcap is not working.

I tried trial versions of luxriot, active webcam ... I tried to follow their frequently asked questions.

The only software working with my card is something named like h.264+, dvr ...

Anyway i need help to resolve this problem.

Any idea ?

Thanks

If you can try to put a name to the card that might help. But most likely you are stuck with software it came with.

If you can try to put a name to the card that might help. But most likely you are stuck with software it came with.

I have no idea about the name of the card.

I bought it from a site like ebay.

I thought i may build a dvr system with a cheap dvr card.

Anyway the box has only "DVR Card" as a label (:))

Also on the cards itself, there is a text like "XV-100 ver 2.5"

There maybe a person who will recognize this, but it's a kinda good news, bad news situation. The good news is that you will learn a vaulable lession from this. The bad news is that the lession is the cost of the card.

There maybe a person who will recognize this, but it's a kinda good news, bad news situation. The good news is that you will learn a vaulable lession from this. The bad news is that the lession is the cost of the card.

Allright it seems this means, my card is useless with the popular softwares ... Right ?

I may request working dvr card names, addresses ...

Given my role in the industry, I will refrain from offering lists. But I'm sure someone can in a little while. But you're going to generally find that card and software are tied together, rather then seperate items.

Hi, well for that software to work, you still need to be able to recognise the Conexant chip ... meaning basically if you already followed my instructions in the thread about generic cards/software and it didnt work, then this software may not work.

Basically btSpy should recognise it but it may not ... how to get it to recognise some cards is to actually run the card's software, then when it asks you use the card's windows GUI to change cameras ... save that file and you then have a working file for Bt to create a driver for .. so yeah its kind of complicated but moreso you still need the card's software .. in some cases. Generally if its a Conexant it should have no issue working though ...

Now that said .. the site mentioned talks about the Pico card ... which is a knockoff (pirate) of another card ... this means we cant support it on this forum for 1 .. and for 2 basically it is the ultimate cheapest card on the planet, and has major issues in anything but 800x600 and on anything but older OS's .. if thats the card you have it is not even worth talking about (sorry ).

Basically i would look for a way to get rid of it and look for a card that comes with software ... see with PC cards the software is what costs the money, not the card. For a decent card that is inexpensive but comes with reliable software you could check out the GeoVision GV250 ... its not super fast but definately faster or as fast as the Pico (or whatever you have) and comes with the full Geo Software .. and its really inexpensive as it uses a generic card, but also has the full Geo Software .. there is also Video Insight (see banner add at top) and many more ..

Rory

it sounds like a wave-p card i have had there cards for years and they work fine if its not a copy from ebay

but they will only work with there software there web site is

www.wave-p.com

[please dont post emails other than your own - thanks, mod]

but you will need a password from them to download there software

good luck

If you bought the card off ebay (or other simular site), how about going back there and find another unit that is the same as yours, then post the URL to it here.

Then we can see what it looks like by visiting ebay.