duntovlives

Help with connecting power.... pls Javelin JE3824BW

I recently purchased a Javelin JE3824BW camera used and did not get the manual with it. I have connect other cameras on my system without any trouble, but this camera has a bit more complicated configuration for power. (in other words, my other cameras only have 2 or 3 places to connect power and this one has 6) G, V1, +B, ~, G, ~.

I'm just not confident enough to guess where the power goes. 24vac

I am assuming that it has more connections due to the fact it has an auto iris lens.

Any help, suggestions, directions to look, or even off the wall remarks will all be appriciated.

thanks- bk

Without the manual dont know exactly .. on the newer cameras its something like ... ~, G (side by side just like that but normally there are only 4 screw terminals - guess minus the AI lens part).

24VAC is not polarity sensitive so actually you can try until you get a picture.

Make sure you are getting the correct voltage though on the power wire at the camera end, pick up a cheap meter if you dont have one yet.

Rory

thanks for the reply. i took your advice, and it worked!!!! i hooked the terminals marked ~ and ~ to the power (the symbols made a bit more sense after reading your reply) and worked like a charm.

thanks again!