techie996

Please HELP! Cameras stuck in CVBS mode

On 7/30/2022 at 2:21 PM, Dahua4kman said:

I have the same issue. I now sit with a really expensive 4k camera that's stuck in an unwatchable resolution with no PTZ menu to change it back. My 5mp camera is in the same boat. I purchased a UTC Controller but guess what? They only work on 1080p and bellow cameras. This is truly a BAD move from manufacturers.

Why put the setting there if there's no going back?

Why not warn people on the box or manual?

On 7/22/2021 at 1:07 AM, techie996 said:

Okay, so I was playing around with the settings as my cameras would not display across the entire screen in 5MP@15/20 fps. It's a 1080p TV and just yesterday, it was displaying fine. 

Anyway, I started experimenting with a few settings - went into the PTZ menu that you access from the camera's main screen (not the DVR's main menu) - and I changed it from AHD or TVI to CVBS. 

Now both my cameras (as I changed both their default CVI setting to CVBS to check the aspect ratio) - are stuck in CVBS/ultra low resolution mode or SD. I can no longer access the PTZ menu. When I click on the main interface - nothing happens. I also noticed in the DVR's main menu PTZ settings (under "camera") that the Control Mode option is now greyed out. I can't even access that. 

This is driving me absolutely nuts - my CCTV camera feed looks like it's more than 20 years old! I'm not even getting colour on one of the cams now. It's just stuck in CVBS mode. How do I restore it to TVI, AHD or CVI? I've literally tried experimenting with every single option in the menu. 

Please HELP!! I have the Dahua dh-xvr5104hs-x1 with a Dahua camera and Pogo camera, both 5MP@20fps capable and 1080p@30 fps capable. 

Hi im going through the same issue , did you guys found any solution for this my full color dahua cam is stuck in CVBS … Please if anyone found a solution (Im on a dahua XVR yet i tried everything and nothing works out) 😞

On 7/21/2021 at 8:37 PM, techie996 said:

Okay, so I was playing around with the settings as my cameras would not display across the entire screen in 5MP@15/20 fps. It's a 1080p TV and just yesterday, it was displaying fine. 

Anyway, I started experimenting with a few settings - went into the PTZ menu that you access from the camera's main screen (not the DVR's main menu) - and I changed it from AHD or TVI to CVBS. 

Now both my cameras (as I changed both their default CVI setting to CVBS to check the aspect ratio) - are stuck in CVBS/ultra low resolution mode or SD. I can no longer access the PTZ menu. When I click on the main interface - nothing happens. I also noticed in the DVR's main menu PTZ settings (under "camera") that the Control Mode option is now greyed out. I can't even access that. 

This is driving me absolutely nuts - my CCTV camera feed looks like it's more than 20 years old! I'm not even getting colour on one of the cams now. It's just stuck in CVBS mode. How do I restore it to TVI, AHD or CVI? I've literally tried experimenting with every single option in the menu. 

Please HELP!! I have the Dahua dh-xvr5104hs-x1 with a Dahua camera and Pogo camera, both 5MP@20fps capable and 1080p@30 fps capable. 

techie996 did you find a solution to this???