Guest alopu

POS DVR with remote search

I'm looking for a DVRs which allows to search POS events/transactions but remotely using client software - not from DVR console and supporting TCP/IP POS devices.

Any help?

by far and away the best POS remote software is the POS Investigator from March Networks, the reason is that it is purpose built for this application (the pos program) it is not doen through data capture though so you need to send them an electronic copy of the journal entry for them to integrate you and this costs loads of money.

Many thanks for help - I will try suggested solutions.

I thought Divis will be OK for that (they have 32 cameras solution) - but POS event seraching works only from DVR console - whats more - it is not possible to search all database for some POS event - searching is only avaiable per particular cameras - it is not useful with 32 cameras system.

This is correct, and waht people failt o know is that if you only use data capture, then you can only search what you would have printed on your reciept...for example, you may want to seacrh for all transactions doen by operator 0000045, without supervisor intervention (this is not on the docket),that were done at terminal 05 between 4 and 5 pm when the manager is not around, further you may only want to look at the transactions that had a discount of more than 20% (perhaps staff discount) and that were over $50 and included cigarettes from department no#12 and "open department sales", in other words an item that is scanned thorugh as an item not on file...you may want to narrow this down to all transactions that = $52...but with data capture all the info is cleaned up on the docket so there is less to searc, you are also limited by distance etc, having a pos translator that speaks with the raw data, not the output data on 232, gives a much greater searching facility..

~ I hope this helps