Sign in to follow this  
Mrfix71

Hybrid Analog-IP System, Video Format question

Greetings!

After an significant event, I decided to set up a bunch of cameras around and inside my property. Doing so has definitely been an educational experience. Learning how to access remotely has been a headache as well. I have acquired over time a mix of analog and IP cameras, DVRs with analog/IP capabilities, and the associated wire infrastructure. Currently, Blue Iris is successfully running about a dozen IP cameras which has mostly superseded the Annke DVR and the few analog cameras that I started with. So far, I like Blue Iris. From what I have read, the Annke DVR does not broadcast an IP stream that can be imported into Blue Iris. That led me to acquire an Axis encoder server with multiple blades some time back that I intend to use to IP stream any remaining analog cameras. I just got the encoder to stream video from a small spy camera, but I have a few questions that Google has not been able to help me find answers.

1) What is the correct analog video input format for these Axis 243Q encoders? The handful of various cameras I tested displayed mostly snow, even when using the cameras' video format switches. I know the cards work as one camera streams very clear on each channel but I have not been able to find any reference that tells me why that camera works perfect while the other cameras do not. Those camera work fine when connected to an analog DVR or similar. 

2) Is there settings in Blue Iris that seem to work to import the Axis IP video stream? Not having much luck getting a video signal to be recognized.

I can ask questions all day and all night! Camera settings and features, Blue Iris capabilities and settings, same with the Axis system, and so much more. These two questions address a big gap in my current setup. So much valuable info on this site!