Sign in to follow this  
dgarcia_business

NEED HELP WITH LAG PROBLEM SOLVING

Hello,

I need help with lag.... bad..... We recently upgraded our surveillance system.

We installed:

- 46 - 8MP IP Cameras

- Ran all Cat6 for the 46 cameras

- Installed 4 POE switches for the cameras as the cameras were installed on 4 seperate buildings

- The original NVR was a 64 channel eye max which we used SMARTPSS as the viewing software

- We later changed the NVR to two 32 channel Magic IP and are now using CMS as the viewing software

- Our download speeds at our desktop are 189.4 Mbps and our upload speeds are 142.8 Mbps

Here is our dilemma in two different scenarios:

Scenario 1: The original NVR was the 64 channel eyemax per our request because we wanted the NVR and viewing software to have more capabilities. We installed a monitor in our server room and connected to the NVR. When checking the cameras on the monitor connected to the NVR there is no delay in any way shape or form. When checking the cameras at our desktop using SMARTPSS viewing multiple cameras there is no delay. The moment one single camera is chosen to be blown up and viewed there is about a 20 second freeze and then the image unfreezes. We have tried bringing down the resolution to view and it still has delay.

The vendor informed me it could be the NVR and he suggested the two 32 channel Magic IP NVR's that he was used to working with.

Scenario 2:  Vendor installed the two 32 channel NVR's and installed CMS on our desktops. Similar scenario, when viewing multiple cameras at once, everything is okay. It is not until you select one camera to view it has now a 8-15 second delay. So, a little better but not ideal.

Here is the curious thing.... The vendor gave me access to view other cameras from his site. You would think that remoting in would cause about a similar delay of 8-15 seconds....... Nope, his cameras loaded in a matter of 1-2 seconds.

This is why I am stumped and need help. It is clearly something at our site that is causing this delay. I just cannot seem to figure out what it could be, our IT has no idea, and the vendor has no idea.

So, I am reaching to see if anyone on here might have some ideas...

Please help!