avpe

Why does everyone seem to like GeoVision?

GeoVision - Yes or No ?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. GeoVision - Yes or No ?

• Yes! - They are great!
    • No! - GV Piece of Junk!

I'm new with this brand of card, I installed, works great until know, resolution is much better than the one I use now.

But I have some questions until now, I've just reviewed some parts of the system:

If I want to modify a setting in one of my cameras do I have to turn the web cam server and stop recording in all the cameras, as is the only way I can modify anything?

Is there a way to protect the software form someone to turn it off or run a diferent program?

With Huper once the software is running there is no way to turn it off or open a program or do something with the PC.

I've seen in this forum that removal of the motherboard sound card is necesary, could someone tell me why?

Thanks

I apologize if this seems like too much of an advert, or is in bad taste, but it really sounds to me like people here are looking for something to compete with the GEO line.

When we got into the DVR business, we found that most DVR's seem to be designed by engineers. Most of the time, when an end user sat down to get information off the system, they had to crack open the owners manual. Due to this, we have sat down with non-DVR Experts and Dealers through every step of the process, and designed the software from the ground up. It has cost us extraordinary amounts of money and taken 5 years to get to the level that we are at now, but feedback is extremely positive. I challenge anyone here to put our product, and GEO side by side. Have someone not well versed in DVR's (much like most end users) sit down and do a search, or get information off the system unaided. There really is no comparison.

In terms of reliability, I could go on for pages about steps we have taken to make our DVR stand up to the the grind your clients will put the units through. We know our dealers aren't out selling our units, if they are constantly tied up doing service calls. PM or email me if you would like more info on the steps we have taken.

While we do not sell directly to End Users, many of them are willing to stand up and vouch for our product, service, and support. As our developers are all on-site, it is very easy to get tech support. If I can't give you the answer, I can walk upstairs and ask one of the guys who built that particular feature. We like to work very closely with our dealers and end users, to give them, and you as much input into the product development as possible.

A remote demo and flash presentation of our system can be found here:

http://www.pstdvr.com/products_solutions/digital_video_recorder.htm

Again, I apologize if this posts seems to be in bad taste. I really want you to know that there are GOOD, RELIABLE alternatives to Geo out there. Pls email or PM me if you would like more information.

David

The reality is that the only difference right now between standalone and PC based is the pages issue. This will be solved within the next few months at which time there is nothing that a PC can do that an embedded cannot. From the PC side the h.264 is miles ahead of anything else. It is stable and efficient but you have to write your own interface as there is nothing decent out there. The MPEG2 is done. It has its inherent problems such as audio sync and a few others. The MPEG4 hardware codec is a great product but has limitations today beyond 8 ports because of PCI bus issue. This will also be solved shortly.

With respect to people not knowing what they are doing is an understatement. If a product has a problem it would be recognizable across a broad section not isolated to a single individual. Well as for GEO pick a problem as there are a bunch, but we have been through that. Comes back to stability and reliability and support. Use the same components over and over. If it ain't broke - don't fix it.

We have had great success with Vendoma and their MPEG2 and now with their MPEG4 and h.264part10 hardware codec. But we stick to the same things they use and have no problems. It is when we have tried to make things better or change them that we run into problems. They have more resources and R&D then we do so who are we to think we are smarter.

Doesn't matter who you buy from if you find a stable combination don't change.

The future is the sophisticated high end embedded solution that interfaces seamlessly with the matrix switchers and can control the DVR functions without having to gut a control room and rewire everything. On the smaller side the multiplex DVR embedded is getting so cheap that it does not make sense anymore to use a PC. Service calls are an integrators enemy.

I can now buy a 16 channel standalone for well under $1k so why the heck would I bother with anything else on the smaller systems. When the advanced embedded come out I will use them also for the enterprise customers.

Vendoma now has a 16 channel standalone with IR remote that like I said is pretty basic and "customer-proof" for a ridiculous price so I use that.

Yeah they can say that because they don't know what the hell there talking about. I've called like ten CCTV companies and they all sell things but have no damn clue of how their products work, what accessories are available, where to get support, how to fix problems, or even setup issues! Sure they will sell you something for their price, but after that you are left high and dry!

Yeah they can say that because they don't know what the hell there talking about. I've called like ten CCTV companies and they all sell things but have no damn clue of how their products work, what accessories are available, where to get support, how to fix problems, or even setup issues! Sure they will sell you something for their price, but after that you are left high and dry!

Same here. I only sell what I know, and wont sell it until I have tested it fully and know it inside out. That isnt the same with just about every other security company down here, they do this that and everything, and never really do any of them very well.

To be honest, I agree with Rory to some extent, if yo want to buy standalone then going with a name brand ensures you get the best, but some of the name brands are way overpriced, if you go PC you risk buying form some back yarder, but if you go to a good PC place they should make good DVR's the problem is that security comapnies make bad DVR's.. and PC companies choose bad cams, it would be wise to buy your cams form a security company and your PC based DVr's from a computer company