rpogge

Quality Economy 4 port DVR sugestion.

Hi, my name is Ryan, new to the forum.

I am a network engineer who has recently started doing some CCTV work. I have been relying on my suppliers (ADI) recommendations for DVR's and cameras, and feel somewhat disappointed in the units I have been dealing with; which happen to be mostly Speco units.

I have read more negative comments about Speco DVRS on the forums here than I have positive ones. In my experience the remote viewing is horrible, and the image quality and framerate(at full capacity) are so-so.

I have a new job for which I need to install a 4 port DVR, and 4 black and white outdoor cameras that will operate at night in low light conditions, lit from streetlights about 75 yards away.

I have gotten quotes for 3 DVRs:

DIGIMERGE VCD304161

Speco DVR4TN

Everfocus EDR410H

I pretty much know what to expect with the Speco unit, as I have used the TN16's before. My question is how do the other two compare to the Speco (which would you choose). Or ... Is there a better alternative altogether in the sub $1,200 range. - Based on stability, and image quality. This job only requires 2 - 3 days of recording time on 4 cams, so filesize, and drive space wouldn’t seem to be of major concern.

Thank you for your input. Hopefully I will be able to help out with some input in the future.

Regards

Ryan

Hi, Welcome to the forum ..

At that price range I wouldnt call it economy, not a 4 channel DVR .. not at dealer cost.

If thats the price range though, would be better off with a GE StoreSafe 4 Channel .. or even a Sanyo .. for the Non PC DVR solution.

Ok what are my options for what you would consider economy?

I am only calling those economy , because Im comparing it to DVR's like the honeywell Fusion @ 6k some odd dollars !

Thanks for the info.

_Ryan

Oh and has anyone ever tried one of these units:

http://www.vctvision.com/

They claim that thier compression technology is 12x smaller than mpeg4

??

Edited by Guest

Economy would be something like the AvTech which is sold under numerous names in the US.

Ryan,

Hello and welcome to the forum. May I suggest taking a look into our product line? You can find both our Pro and Flex DVR unit's specs and features on our website: www.ICRealtime.com. For what you’re looking for I think we can accommodate you very nicely. They both incorporate H.264 compression and can be configured a couple different ways according to your requirements for fps and resolution. CD burners and Hard Drives come default on our DVRs. They are very user friendly and feature rich. Our tech support is great and service is way above par, compared to the industry. I will gladly accommodate an online demonstration of both DVR's. Please feel free to ask any questions.

Thanks,

Andrew@ICRealtime.com

i'm new at this, where woudl i find av techs in the US?

Hi, many places, including superstores like sams club, etc (Cant say exactly which ones) but now they are marketted in the US under the name CpCam.

Rory