Sign in to follow this  
apinks2

View recordings for all cams in playback

Hopefully I can explain this right. When I first install Geovision software and get it up and running. I have someone walk through all 4 camera views while recording in motion detect. When I play back it works great. It shows him walking from one camera to the next. when he leaves one cameras view, it drops off(blue). But once the system is rebooted it doesn't work that way anymore. You have to select which camera you want to view. at that time. Not sure why it does this. I have it set for quad view. In a nut shell. I would like for it to show motion detected recording similtaniously on all 4 cams. Thanks!

how are you playing back originally? I open the playback with F10, then select a camera and a time and hit play. if it is in quad view, it will play back the clips from other cameras as long as the time overlaps with the first camera i started the playback on. Otherwise I get time gaps on the other cameras.

so if cam1 has 1 minute event at 12:00 12:10 and 12:15, it will playback the other cams if they have motion that spans these 3 minutes. If cam 2 has events at 12:00 12:05, 12:10, you wouldn't see the 12:05 clip.

You can do an advanced search by date and playback everything in a specific range. that will encompass all motion from all cameras. It puts it all into 1 contiguous clip and you can scroll through it.

the instant play feature works like this as well.

One thing I don't like about the playback, is the delay between clips where you see "Play" in the top left corner. seems that they could make it playback all clips smoothly, without pausing for this.