JonHC

Lorex LHV2000 Stuck on Welcome Screen

Hi all. I have a Lorex LHV2000 8 camera system which seems to have developed a fault. It started when I noticed no cameras were showing on the monitor and each window said 'No Disk'. Also, the fan in the DVR wasn't running. I rebooted the DVR which started up, fan running. When the camera 'windows' came up on the monitor, they were blank again and the fan stopped running. I did a bit of research and there appeared to be 2 possible causes, either a hard drive failure or the power adapter needed replacing. I had another power adapter the correct voltage and amperage to try which I did, and everything seemed to work fine, I could play back previous recordings without issue so assumed the hard drive was ok. I shutdown the DVR so I could tidy up the cables and I reconnected the power adapter to the DVR and started it up. Now, it only gets as far as the welcome screen which stays like that for a couple of minutes, reboots and continues this cycle. So I'm not sure what's going on now and wondered if anyone has had a similar issue. I've been on the Lorex support website, but there's nothing there covering my problem.

Any help would be fantastic as I'm pretty stumped and I'm a bit reluctant to buy a new hard drive if that isn't the problem. I've checked the hard drive cable connection and it's good.

Thank you.

We have taken note of your eagerness, excitement, and aspiration. Give it a shot, and don't be afraid to talk about how you feel. Keep in mind that those who take chances are the ones who succeed.  monkey mart

I have noticed your enthusiasm, anticipation, and hopes. Try it out and express your emotions honestly. Remember that success typically comes to those who are willing to take some calculated risks. 

heardle