JimRockford

WebComponents IE Audio Going to Sleep

Alibi Witness vintage NVR so, think Hik.

We've had these running out there for years and never encountered this exact situation.

This NVR is commonly monitored from 5-10 workstations.  On all of the workstations except one, audio and video works perfectly.  On this one laptop, we can launch IE and both audio and video work fine.  Then, after some period of time, perhaps an hour, or 15 hours, the audio will quit working.  No x displayed, no, "unable to start audio," you can select audio and it looks like it would be there, but it's not.  Reloading the webpage does nothing to help, nor does reloading via Ctrl+F5.  Close IE, immediately reopen it, and the audio is back.

When the audio is gone the browser itself will still play other audio.  For instance going to a site with an mp3 playing.  It will also still run audio on other NVRs that aren't Witness.  If I go directly to a Hik/Witness camera, the audio won't play there either until I restart IE, so it appears to be specific to the plugin going to sleep, or getting stepped on in some way.

These things may annoy me for a day or two, but never stump me for this long.  I have uninstalled, reinstalled, reinstalled via Run as Administrator, compared settings to other machines, and can find nothing.

Oh, and yes this has been happening ever since this laptop was new about 6 months ago. 

Anyone seen this one before?

Thanks in advance.