Roxx

Set up a used DVR by a Newbie.

Hello friends, i am totally new to DVR stuff. I was in Singapore about 2yrs back. my co-worker was throwing this away in scrap but as i am fascinated by electronics i got to keep it by his permission. So i have got this used DVR and its 12V adaptor. I don't have anything else with it like cameras or cables. I am totally new to DVR stuff and want to try if i can use this. If this DVR doesn't work then i can atleast use the Harddisk with my computer.

Please check the pictures attached. I have assembled PC at home and i can connect the cables and stuff but i don't have any information on what types of cameras to get, and which cameras are compatible et cetera.

- It has a infrared inside but i don't know if i can find and buy its compatible remote control. Is it really required to have the remote control..??

- please suggest me the cheapest camera to start with, which i can connect to this DVR. And does all cameras have same plug/socket..??

- there is a verification code on the label so does that mean that its registered already and no one else could use it?

- can it work without LAN/Ethernet/internet..??  i saw few videos on YouTube but they all connect it to internet and i don't have Cable Internet.

- what can i do if i connect my TV using HDMI cable and power on this DVR...??

Thats all for now, request you to please share your suggestions and advice.

Screenshot_20230407-002443120_1.jpg

Screenshot_20230407-002450287_1.jpg

Screenshot_20230407-002440250_1.jpg

Screenshot_20230407-002436265_1.jpg

Screenshot_20230407-002433418_1.jpg