Sign in to follow this  
sparkymao

Thoughts on Nuvico NVDV3-4000

Hi There

I'm new to the forum and have been looking for a stand alone 4 channel unit for my small business. Mostly for general monitoring of entrances and exits and sales counter for theft situations. I've been researching units for a while and reading this forum and I've heard decent reviews of this series of Nuvico product. I'm looking to spend no more than $1200.00 for just the DVR and this unit seems to fall within that parameter. Can anyone offer me any insight into this DVR or reccomend something better within my price range? I will mostly be reviewing recorded footage from the unit itself but I do want the remote capability as well. I also want the ability to install my own larger hard drives in the unit as needed.

My only prior experience with a DVR was the purchase of an Intellicam branded unit about 2 1/2 years ago. I believe it was called the DVMR4. I was not very happy with the recording quality of that unit and the user interface was clunky at best. I don't want a repeat of that experience.

Thanks for your advice.