rory

Can I use ATI Catalyst Drivers with Asus Radeon?

I have the EAX300 with the Asus drivers installed .. but the Video doesnt appear as it should (i dont have the PC here to test on at the moment). This is with a Gv1120 combo card .. Ive used the Combo before but it came preloaded .. and was the GV1480 .. never had an issue with that .. the LCD monitor is very clear though .. and this is not the normal LCD lower quality issue either .. Basically the DVR is not on the network yet .. but I get little speckles like dots in the images .. im going to do some stuff with the cameras on Monday, like take off Flickerless mode, and any other adjustments .. do 1 camera at a time on the DVR and see if there isnt a cable issue (some of the cameras are using existing cabling which was RG6 - not my choice) but on the new cable runs .. same thing.

Anyway just wondering if anyone has an idea if updating to the latest ATI Drivers for the X300 Radeon would work better .. even though this is an Asus Card ..?

Thanks

Rory

Should work just fine... from my experience, most third-party Radeon drivers are based directly on the original ATI drivers, just tweaked and modified.

One thing I have found with ATI drivers in general though: they're a lot happier if you completely remove the old drivers (using ATI's uninstall utility) before installing the new ones.

from my experiance it should work fine as long as you only install drivers and not install the whole program and I agree with Soundy with ATI it is always best to run uninstall program and then just install the drivers not the whole app. and everything else it comes with.