smorton

Need CCTV cameras with Progressive Scan

I'm looking for inexpensive CCTV cameras with progressive scan but normal interlaced output. Several vendors announced such cameras in Spring 2003, but I have not seen any of them on the market.

I'm looking for high resolution color cameras, as well as high resolution B&W cameras.

To clarify what I'm looking for, I want a camera that, for NTSC, produces 30 frames per second where the two fields for a given frame come from a single, progressive scan of the image sensor, not two interdigitated scans.

I need this to improve the capture of the images of moving subjects and objects. This is important to me because we make a new digital video security system that produces multiple, IP-based, digital video streams simultaneously and continuously per camera. The "forensics" stream captures at full (4CIF) camera resolution, minimal quantization and medium frame rate/camera. The "video matrix switch replacement stream" captures at 1CIF resolution, medium quantization and 30 frames/second/camera.

The use of progressive scan is particularly important since we're capturing at full camera resolution (4CIF) instead of the more-common, 1CIF resolution, which discards every other field and would not benefit from progressive scan.

I kind of have one. The kind of is that at present we have a progressive scan imager but we currently take two captures per frame. However the hardware can support outputting both fields from the same image capture I just haven't enabled this yet as not many people currently have the requirement. It is PAL or NTSC (got to love progressive imagers), 1/3" colour. It is based on the DPS system from Pixim Inc. If you are interested pop a post and we can talk. Unfortunately it would not be in production with this feature until May. I could provide beta test units though.

The new Dallmeier DF3000A-DN series cameras are awesome. It has a progressive scan imager and outputs 2 segmented field interpolations of of a captured frame. No more interlace distortion issues when recording D1 (frames) with motion in the captured scene.

Just installed 8 box and 7 dome cameras in a high school. The remote control unit makes setup easy...