bw1

need help choosing cameras for simple home system

Hi, I will be setting up a 4 camera home based system. Im still reading up but at this point ill probly go pc-based with a geovision 600/650 due to popularity/support. I have a computer background but with all the choices im kinda foggy on what type of cameras I should get. Ill probly get 2 to start. Id like to set them up to monitor the yard while im at work so they would be in use during the day the majority of the time.

So far Im thinking ill get one outdoor day/night camera. There is next to no light outside at night here but id like to have the b/w night feature to experiment. I can add light outdoors if necessary.

Could I get some suggestions/recommendations on camera's/online retailers please? Think id like to get one more expensive one with a ir cut filter. I read that this makes a large difference on night quality? Any opinions on the Nuvico NVCC-HWE922IR42ND. [edit by mod - wholesale link removed]

I'll probly look for a cheaper 2nd camera maybe day only. I would prefer bullet style on both if possible as it seems a little more discreet.

Thanks for any input I can get. If I can get some feedback ill do follow up posts after the equipment arrives and try and make it a thread for the newb's to learn from.

bw1