CCTVINSTALLER

When do you use geovision? (ignore previous poll)

What sort of job do you use geovision for?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What sort of job do you use geovision for?

• I prefer using geovision for larger jobs such as large banks, where i'd make full use of geovision features, for smaller jobs such as retail shops i prefer to use standalones
    • I use geovision in both circumstances, even for smaller jobs, i prefer geovision over standalones
    • I prefer standalone models in both circumstances

Just curious to know what sort of jobs geovision is used for, Standalones have the advantage becuase they're cheaper and have basic festures for the average shop owner

However, Geovision has the features, but for smaller jobs would you use geovision or standalone DVRs?

"In surveillance the main priority should be reliability. Embedded technology has the edge over PC-based DVRs when it comes to reliability. The core reason, is the embedded operating software is dedicated to managing video, where PC-based operating systems handle multiple processes simultaneously, potentially causing a higher level of failure.

With PC-based systems an operator may be required to operate a system that is beyond his IT expertise. However, embedded technology allows for much easier operation and is more user-friendly, leaving more time for the operator to fulfil his job description with greater ease and functionality. Management on the other hand have the full flexibility of a graphical user interface."