Hi....me again, thought I'd make a new topic since my other one is a little ragged now. The more I read and the more I look at the mindboggling varieties of DVRs, I keep adding to my expectations. Now, I'm seriously looking at the Vitek VT-DVR8080 DVR. Any thoughts about this one? Has several additional features and the company appears to have been around for awhile. I'd be over my budget but it might be worth it (about $1200). Only thing I couldn't find is an online demo so I don't know how good or bad the remote software is.

Thanks guys,

David

Hey AVCONSULTING,

Those are great links, thanks! So those are all Vitek DVR's and that's the Vitek remote software I'll be using?

Those remote sites are using the same DVR as Vitek has. What area are you located in? Have you found a Vitek distributor or supplier yet? The DVRs are available now so if you have someone local carrying the line they can get one to demo for you.

I live in south florida and don't know of any dealers in my area. I like that remote software so if it's what comes with the 8 channel Vitek, that would be good. I would assume the local quality is better than the remote, right? I couldn't tell by looking at the specs whether each camera's pps can be set individually. Anyone out there use a Vitek DVR?