randomact

Cameras Freeze up every 15 mins or so!!

I recently purchased a gv-800 with these cameras

http://www.worldeyecam.com/store/WEC-480-Color-Infrared-Day-Night-Security-Bullet-Camera-p-16890.html

For some reason the cameras lock up. I checked all the connection redid them all making sure nothing was shorting out and it all looks perfect. I am hoping someone has had this problem before?

sample

http://pyro-products.com/cam.avi

My pc specs are

Dou Core E6600

ASUS P5N32-SLI

PCIX Geforce 7950 GT

WITH 2GB RAM

I have two stripped western raptors

I would appreciate any help at all I have never set this up before and don't know what resolution to keep these at or how to properly configure if thats what could be wrong. Thanks

If the PC we are watching is the one running Geo, that's your problem right there. It is full of programs. You need to format it and only instal windows XP on it's own partition and only install Geo and possibly a few other programs.

I thought that since this is a DOUCORE machine it would be able to handle such tasks without having to have a seperate pc. Otherwise I would have bought a dvr system standalone.

My machine is incredibly fast but apparently not fast enough if I am having these issues.

The more bare bone the better I presume. Is there any other companies that are better than geovision as far as compatibility quality and reliability. I am looking for something stable and high quality!! I'm afraid I may have shot myself int he foot? Thanks for your help!!

Geo is actually as stable as they come .. well there are others but basically it is stable software and drivers especially compared to many others.

Ill take a look at the video.

Well there are alot of programs open, but with that CPU and Memory they shouldnt affect it much. If you are also streaming video and watching a bunch of movies, well that would work it hard but still with those specs, doubt it much.

I would look at the Hard Drive, Log Locations, Video Card/Settings.

Is it a new Hard Drive? Is it noisy or quiet? How many partitions do you have, and where are the Video and System logs being stored?

make sure only the channels with video are enabled also.

If not using Audio, disable that as well.

Ive run a GV250-2 on my PC for well over a year, its a 2Ghz so I cant really watch movies at the same time, well I can, but it gets slower. So with the specs of that system should be fine. Is it slow, does it freeze, when it is not recording also?

Rory

what should my video card setting be set at? I have the western digital 10000rpm raptors stripped together. I know I am not hurting for speed here as my systemis state of the art!! I cleaned up my programes disabled soem pointless servics and I still get the same amount of problems. Let me know if there are any tricks I shouls know about. Thanks in advanced.