jisaac

Auto tracking

What camera/DVR was that?

Ive seen it before on a couple Geo demo sites ..

Thanks though ..

Rory

does the user give the tracking parameters, meaning, did the user tell the ptz to stop tracking at a certain point? It seems that the camera could have kept watching and it didn't......just looking for explanation.

How does the software work for outdoor applications and parking lots? Weather affect the tracking much?

ya he did not want that camera to track past that point in which the camera followed him no more. Only wanted to know if people were in that area from where the camera stopped tracking and the 180 degree view from the direction from where he came from.

outdoors? depends on what the variables are. For wide open areas of minimal traffic then pretty good. Lots of traffic=bad. Dont point in an area where tree or shrubbery that can sway in the wind.

overall it works pretty good. Better than I first thought it would before we installed cameras with auto tracking.

usually what its used for is to look at a door that leads into a large area. so if someone walks through the door and into the large area it will then follow them throughout the area.

this was a panasonic wv-cs954 indoor SDIII ptz

here is another just basic clip of the ptz moving around this shop

http://arksurveillance.com/hostvids/indoorptz.avi

this camera was especially good for this place because if you look along the entire exterior walls it has windows closely spaced throughout the top half of these walls. These are not glass windows. Its hard to explain what exactly they are but kind of like sky lights that are not transparent. But stll let alot of sun through the windows. As you can see the inside is much dimmer than outside. would have been horrible with a wdr.

I was looking at the auto track pano's- but am reluctant to spend the R&D money on seeing if they'll work in my situation.... isn't the auto track built into the camera which is analog? How would that work if I had an NVR running the camera through presets? I mean... wouldn't there be a conflict?

I was looking at the auto track pano's- but am reluctant to spend the R&D money on seeing if they'll work in my situation.... isn't the auto track built into the camera which is analog? How would that work if I had an NVR running the camera through presets? I mean... wouldn't there be a conflict?

well there are the analog ptz's that have the auto tracking in the camera and they a network camera which is also auto tracking capable.

so where you talking about a nvr commanding the presets over the network and back out to through a network interface (decoder) out to a analog ptz?

If so then I am not sure. But will have one of the guys test it out early next week.

It would be much easier if you used a network ptz and gave the preset commands from the cameras browser.

What I'm talking about is using the Pano with a video server so that it can be IP. The NVR controls the guard tour via the video server. But there would be a "disconnect" between the analog auto tracking feature and the guard tour running on the video server and the NVR, correct?

ya know I am not sure. We recently did a job where we put 5 panasonic 964 ptz's on video servers and sent them to a nvr. But we used auto home feature and then had it auto track from there.

And its really not a place where I can just go back and play around with the settings just for the hell of it.

Don’t know if this is relevant to the thread but I’m told Pelco is about to release auto tracking cameras. I been trying to imagine how they would work with my PC based (w/ILDVR cards) DVR’s motion detection. I don’t even know how Pelco’s random scanning feature of their PTZ camera’s would work with the ILDRV’s motion detection?!?

Other nifty stuff I’m told is coming from Pelco in the very near future is a heat camera at about 1/2 the current price for such things (that should save you about $7,000.00 ), and a line of proximity detection, point of entry detection, and security panels. Pelco’s entry into security panels and POE detection got me excited, the potential for interfacing cameras and DRVs with POE and proximity detection. With just a single PTZ camera you will have the ability to monitor a whole room. It can turn itself on and zoom into wherever it needs to be when it needs to be there, and turn itself off when nothing is there.