rory

Hide CenterV2 Log - Program Download

Here is an app that will open CenterV2 and auto hide the log ..

Someone asked about that in another post before.

NOTE: This will only work once the Log has been set to "Float" in the Center settings. This requires a Wide Screen Video setting as far as I know, as in 1024x768 it does not give that option. I will need to test that some more, as My native res on my LCD here is wide screen.

The default settings will load "C:\CenterV2\CenterV2.exe".

Optionally you can send switches to it. To add a switch, first save the file somewhere it cannot be deleted by accident, such as in its own folder. Create a shortcut of the file then open that shortcut's properties. Add one of the following switches after the "Target" path. You could then just drag that Shortcut to the Start Up section on the Programs Menu.

Full Path - set a different path

Example - /f:Z:\Files\Center\CenterV2.exe

Drive - set a different drive location, using the default program location

Example - /d:F

where F is the drive and the actual path is "F:\CenterV2\CenterV2.exe"

Example target with the Drive switch for Drive F:

C:\HIDECV2.exe /d:F

will load "F:\CenterV2\CenterV2.exe"

No installation required, the program runs in the background and ends after 2-3 seconds from CenterV2's opening .

As it uses a Timer API, there is an error check for 5 seconds incase it has a problem loading CenterV2,

in which case it will show an error message and end. After 100 odd loading tests on my 2Ghz old PC i didnt get any such errors.

[edit - see new link may 27, 2011]

Edited by Guest

tried the program and it does remove the log. Good Job.

However Rory, when the log is removed, the CenterV2 still does not take over the whole screen, instead we can view the part of the desktop in the background?

Is it meant to be that way?

I have another version of this now .. actually made it way back when .. but its a little different ..

In this example I am working with CenterV2 8.1.

Problem with CenterV2 is that in 1024 mode it will be full screen .. but you cant set the layout, there is no floating log, and therefore it automatically gets a log inside the main window .. so if I hide that I hide the whole program ..

in 1280x1024 mode it lets you adjust the layout, with the floating log to the right .. but then you dont get full screen .. but i can hide the log as it is a floating window .. if you dont use the floating log (or set it to the bottom), then it is inside the main program window and the program is full screen, but I cant hide the log.

So in the newer version I was toying with ... (lack of interest in it so I didnt post that one up here) ... this is a hack so to speak .. it resizes the user's screen to 1024x768 after CenterV2 has loaded. It waits in the background until you exit CenterV2 then it resizes the display back to the original resolution.

1-First CenterV2 would need to be set to 1280x1024 default layout and floating log to the right.

2-You run the program ... it "locks" down the PC; minimizes all existing windows, terminates Explorer.exe so you get no taskbar or desktop, disables Task Manager, Disables Certain Windows Keyboard Shortcuts.

3-It then loads CenterV2

4-It waits for CenterV2 to be loaded ... once loaded, it resizes the user's display to 1024x768, then it hides the floating log window.

5-It then waits ... when you close CenterV2 the program then restores everything and ends.

This was created back in January of this year ..

[edit - see new link may 27, 2011]

Disclaimer: by using this program, you can not blame me for any problems encountered!! It deals with disabling CTL-ALT-DEL, and other keys .. as well as it kills explorer.exe while it is running. Use this at your own risk. All I can say is it works fine on my test machine. It doesnt put anything on start up, so in the unlikely event that you get locked out of everything, only solution is to restart the PC physically.

Hello Rory,

I tested your V2 Hack where it kills the explorer. Using it for the first few days was okay, then some errors occurred and claimed the Geovision Software is not genuine, but it 100% is.

Anyways, i went back to using the normal V2 without the hack and it worked fine until it now has this error whenever i startup "Failed to enable directdraw stretch function." And the remote sites are not connecting to the CenterV2?

Do you know what is the problem?

Thanks man

I'll have to look at it tomorrow afternoon ..

But for now, goto display properties if you havent already, and turn the resolution size to something else, apply that and click Ok if it asks. Then set it back to your normal setting, and click apply again, and Ok.

You can also try uninstalling Center, delete its folder, then delete the CenterV2 record in the Registry. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GeoVision\CenterV2. Run something like CCleaner on the Registry to fix any left over stuff.

If that doesnt fix it, goto Device Manager and Uninstall the Video Hardware, dont restart, then do a Scan to find it again. You may need to have your Video drivers ready, depends on the hardware. If it doesnt work without restarting, try doing it again and restart before reinstalling the drivers.

I can get rid of the lock actually by using a seperate desktop instead, works good also and is much faster to switch to and back again. BUT, it still doesnt get over the resolution changing .. as that is the real hack.

Rory