PhilCarson

Clover CDR 4170 Installation - Please, I need help...

Hi everybody,

I am trying to install the Clover DVR in the restaurant I work at.

The setup is: Windows XP, Clover CDR 4170 DVR routed through Dynex DX-E401 router.

The system is completely set up, and I can view the recordings on the computer using the Clover software with the router IP address of 192.168.0.100.

The problem is that I can't seem to get it to connect to the internet for remote viewing. I have a dynamic IP, so I am using dyndns.org for the IP, as suggested by the manual. Any suggestions? The router is set up as a virtual server, with DMZ set to 192.168.0.100 - the router IP for the DVR with the port set at 5700.

Any and all help will be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Phil

Just some thoughts on how I would troubleshoot

So you have setup the username and pw on the clover box, and ip address is set, right?

I would skip the dynamic stuff for now and just get your ip address off of your router. Not the 192.168.1.1 or whatever, but the actually ip address you have been assigned by your service provider (71.x.x.x - something like that). Make sure that you have the port forwarded on your router correctly and try to connect to the ip address of your router. It should forward the connection on to the clover box.

DDNS stuff can take time to go into effect. I would try to skip that stuff until you are able to connect via ip address alone.

Hope this helps some. Routers are all different so you may have missed some setting in there that are blocking your request to the dvr.

try opening up the router and configuring Port 80. Set to open. Port 80 is most commonly used for video and remote viewing. The bad part is on Windows based systems, hackers are aware of that fact. If you can view your cameras on your local network, then the problem should start at the router, although I am not an IT guy, I have found this to be the case most of the time.

and I forgot to add that your DynDNS address for viewing OUTSIDE your network will be a different IP address that "points" to your home IP address. For 9 dollars a year DYNDNS offers a service that automatically "forwards" your IP address, plus they give really good email tech support for the $9.00

I have the same recorder asyou and if you call clover they will

get you up and running they are extreamly helpful