GECAMGUY

GE Security Analog Fixed Dome Beta Testers Wanted

I have an opportunity for interested beta testers for our two upcoming lines of Fixed Analog "Mini-Domes"

DM2 Series Plastic Domes

DR2 Series Rugged Domes

Participants will need to have someone who can give 2-3 hours per week worth of testing and feedback on these new cameras over a 4-6 week period, and who can participate on a weekly, 30-60 minute phone call as well as a quick 15-30 minute online survey each week. When complete, testers will get to keep any and all beta cameras tested.

Interested parties should also have an environment suitable for testing, including:

-Power Supply(s) for the cameras

-Display to view camera images

-Recording mechanism to capture the video (DVR)

-Ability to install cameras inside and outside

-Testing equipment such as a voltmeter. Additional equipment such as Lux-meters, osciilliscopes, NDF filters, etc are not required, but do help with testing.

Specific experience in setting up and testing CCTV cameras is preferred, but not required as we also are interested in the end-user experience.

If interested, I need to know no later than End-of-day, January 31st, 2006. Any inquiries after this will not be fielded. Please send requests for candidacy for this beta program to:

jason.spielfogel@ge.com

Include:

Name

Company

Address

Phone

email

capabilities and equipment available for testing

I can already tell you the DR(1?) series has survived several hurricanes and salt air ... one out on Paradise Island (Bahamas) .. the wall mount needs to be replaced though as it rusts ..the camera is still good though, after about 4 years directly on the north side of the island (salt air etc). Ive had a couple others up at another location and they have lasted also. Do they have a True Day Night version yet, also any Day Night WDR version yet?

Wait'll you see the new ones Rory.

They work with all the old mounts, And yeah there's Day/Night versions of all but the XP3 version and we'll have day/night versions of that before the end of the year.

-GECAMGUY

Well i can tell you I do like the DR Series. I made the mistake of trying a WizKid BW vandal dome last year, well the client bought 6 instead of just one and we got stuck with them... but he needs many more now to replace other cameras, and add some new ones to the same night club, as well as another night club he opened .. so those will more than likely be the DRs ..he also needs a Day Night in a couple spots but we are using the Sanyo up to now as the DR2000 from the specs, didnt seem to be a True Day Night? I prefer the DR's shape and mounting though, great for wall mount also.

I had issues with the GE UltraView Box camera though .. that was a couple years now, has the chip improved yet? It was basically lighting problems where it didnt see much in low light even in a retail store .. used 6 of them then had to call it quits on those ..

New DR2 will be same size and profile as the DR but will have the new 500 and 540TVL sensors, and will have true Day/Night versions of both. It can also come with the UltraView XP3 sensor, though that's not available in Day/Night upon release.

As I said before it'll work with all the existing DR series mounts.

Want in on the beta?

i would like to test it out. ,

never got the cams from the first time you said you were going to send some out.

Guess you dont think we can sell enough cameras.

New DR2 will be same size and profile as the DR but will have the new 500 and 540TVL sensors, and will have true Day/Night versions of both. It can also come with the UltraView XP3 sensor, though that's not available in Day/Night upon release.

As I said before it'll work with all the existing DR series mounts.

Want in on the beta?

Id love to, though will that be a skype call each week, or regular pots line?

Pots line thats $3 a minute to the United States ... thats alot of dollars ..