cctvman

Unattended Multiple PTZ Tracking

Hello all,

I recently saw a brief demonstration of a product that acted as device to control PTZ tracking. How it worked is that there was one fixed camera that was plugged into the device, from that fixed camera there were priority areas that could be defined, such that when there was motion in those areas it would trigger the PTZ to zoom in on that particular area for a better view. Unfortunately I was unable to get the name of the product because it was a small company that was looking at importing this device and they would not allow me to take a close look at the device (I assume it probably had the manufacturers name on it somewhere). I think this device would be very useful. What i think would be exponentially more useful though is if multiple PTZ cameras could be used, and multiple fixed cameras could be used to define priority areas. Does anyone here have experience or know anything about similar products? The company that gave the product does not currently sell the product but had just brought it in for feedback purposes and testing. I was told the PTZ required two way data transmission in order for it to work. Any info would be much appreciated.

CCTVMAN

Video Insight has a new feature called "Tasks" from which you can assign "events" that "trigger" PTZ movement to preset positions. I currently use fixed camera's to provide motion feedback to the Server which then moves PTZ's to preset positions to caputer detailed video of the motion. Fixed camera's cover the overall pic and the PTZ gets the detail.

And I am testing (works fine so far) a wireless relay system that allows me to place motion sensing/alarm switches in locations where no wiring is available. (ie. a main gate of a parking area or a building in the middle of a industrial area) If the motion sensor or gate switch is activated the PTZ is commanded (via Tasks) to a preset position to record the event.

I'm looking for a imporvement to the software that allows priority assignment of Tasks so that if multiple triggers occur the assignment of PTZ commands to multiple PTZ's can be coordinated to ensure nothing important is missed.

PTZ's are nice but it's hard to stay on target.or atleast get there on time, unless you happen to be good and quick.all at the same time. And paying an employee 35k a year to play pacman is money possibly better spent on PTZ automation.

Example of;

- retail store can assign a PTZ to a "hot" spot to ensure video caputers the event. Why have a fixed camera on every isle when you can assign PTZ's to cover them. yes, xmas will be hell, but your PTZ's will work above while your employee's work below. Xmas is video hell anyway.

- Gas Stations can have a PTZ follow a preset scan when a vehicle enters. Car pulls in...area pic first, then license plate, then pump, then area. gets the detail. Multiple cars would stack...........PTZ can keep up easily in my opinion at a gas station because they have to pump.....

- Parking Lots...wireless relay to cover main entrances, phone booths, the all but famous Dumpsters, employee parking area, ect. Big Brother is watching

- Resturants.....bathrooms, entrances, drivethru's, ect

- Banks.............the $$$$$, parking lot, drivethru's, ect.

good luck............