Sign in to follow this  
samjade

Weird issue with Panasonic HD316A

Hi Everyone,

I just found this forum and it looks like it has a great deal of information. I have a question about one of my HD316As:

For some reason, one of the cameras will not do any playback. When I go to last, go to date, or try to just hit play on Camera 2, it brings up the 'please wait' black screen and then just goes back to live. Every other camera is working fine. The ONLY difference I can see in the config is in Maintenance > REC Rate Status, which shows 1ips in the column EVT:PRE for camera 2. Every other [working] camera says OFF in that column. I can't figure out how to change this value, and furthermore, I have no idea if it's even related.

Does anybody have any insight to offer?

Thanks,

SamJade

I don’t know for sure but, it’s this area that is the most logical area for you to look.

Go to setup menu advanced, then schedule, then rec program. In the setup area, check and see if anything has changed there for program 1,2,3 and 4. You should see what I’m talking about when you get there. Every camera should be the same by (default) across the board. You can also change the settings there.

I also think that these features only work if you have the unit set to advanced mode. If the timer light on the front panel is light then you are in advanced mode. If the light is off you are in quick mode. To test if this is the case, change to quick mode and see if the camera records.

Brilliant!

Thanks so much MSM, that was exactly it. I couldn't find that table that allows you to edit those settings. Seems like I should have stumbled across it now, but it sure was elusive before..

It's recording now. I don't appear to be able to go back to before the setting was changed back, but that's not a real big deal at this point.

Thanks again, I appreciate the help!

SamJade