ironstick

Active WebCam software... what do people think..

Is this software robust enough to bo a good solution for a 4 camera setting, where remote access is important?

Any comments would be appreciated

Its quiet feature rich and versatile for the price!

I was using it in my office running 4 different cameras (one a USB cam, two swans, and one home made ) and had them all configured completely different and it worked fine. It was a BT generic capture card and the USB port - and I fed in a network camera from the IP and did motion detection on it.

The motion detection is a little too flakey in IR/dark situations where scanning a large area - i.e. better card or splitting the cameras would be better than trying to rely on 1-2% motion variability..

I think you can download and try it for 15 or 30 days for free and then buy the key if you want it. give it a try and see if it does what you want!

p.s. its running in the bkground on this machine right now.. I have my webcam pointed at my car trying to catch some repeat offender vandals

cheers,

Edward

p.s I even caught a theif with it! It was a husband/wife team that cruise small business complexes, knock on the door a few times of a small business and when nobody answers they have a hand held leverage lock breaker. At the time I was injured from a dirt bike falll so I was really slow getting up. They knocked, knocked again.. and about a minute later JUST as I arrived at the door BOOM it flew open (it was locked). They took off running but I had both their mugs clear as day in JPG and movies from AWC

I just found out how to write software for basic Webcams .. motion detection and all .. so as soon as i get a WebCam and put something together ill post it on the forum .. basic version (beta pro) will be free ofcourse ..

Rory